Thursday, 23 August 2012

Emulating

My sister-in-law fell in love with the necklace a model was wearing, but neither of us, despite extensive googling, could find out where on earth to buy it (Note to Tobi: Please give us details about the accessories your models are wearing! :).  So my SIL asked me to create one that captured the style of the original:


The photo on the model was too small for me to use to see the exact details of the necklace but I thought I could see it well enough to create a piece that at least emulated the draping, antiqued style.  Below is my version.  My SIL hasn't tried it on yet but she's a beautiful girl and if it will flatter anyone, it will flatter her.





If I recall, it's about 24 inches in length.  It's made of antiqued brass and took several painful hours of working with jump rings and tiny chain to complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment